About the PTA
Brandlehow School is proud to support an active PTA (Parent Teacher Association) which plays a vital role in both raising additional funds for the school and organisng social functions for both parents and children. We also provide an additional and valuable means of communication between the parents and teaching staff within the school. All pupils, parents and staff are automatically members of the PTA for the duration of their time at Brandlehow.
Our Social Function
The PTA organise many events for both parents and children during the school year. Some of these are to raise funds but many are just about having fun and getting to know people. Every year is slightly different but generally we hold events along the following lines:
- Childrens’ Discos
- Christmas Pantomime
- Guest lecturers covering a variety of topics in different curriculum areas
- Band Night and Quiz night for parents
- Christmas Parties for children and parents
- Return to school socials
- Individual class socials for parents.
Our Fund Raising
Thanks to the work of the teachers and governors, adequate government funding is already secured to provide all the essential facilities that are needed for the school. However, the funds raised by the PTA provide some much appreciated extras for both pupils and staff. Fund raising events are also a great way of bringing people together – raising money is a bonus!
There are a few fund-raising events that happen during the year which include a Christmas Sale and the Summer Fete where the large majority of funds are raised. We also sell Christmas cards, school calendars, school tea towels, Christmas trees etc to help raise funds.
What does the PTA spend the funds raised on?
The PTA buy a whole range of things to benefit all pupils and teachers. We ensure there is a good mixture of both experiences and equipment. Previous and ongoing purchases include:
- Financial assistance for school trips for all year groups
- I-pads for use by all year groups
- playground equipment
- enhancing the Brandlehow Wildlife Garden
- in-class resources such as reading books, dictionaries, chick hatching kits
- musical instruments and music lessons
- financial assistance for theatre productions
- Venue hire, drinks, snacks etc for the annual Sports day and Fun Run
- Discos and film nights for all year groups
- The Christmas pantomime and presents for all children delivered by Father Christmas!
- Financial assistance for events specifically for parents eg Quiz night.