Brandlehow's uniform policy provides an excellent opportunity for us to explore two of our most important values:
The top half of our uniform is that which reflects our community and collective worth (see the required list below); the bottom half should be appropriate for school, but can be individually chosen, and represents our individuality and diversity and our celebration of this.
Brandlehow prides itself in an approach to uniform recycling which supports three aims:
1) enable all families to have access to affordable uniform
2) support our commitment to sustainable and environmentally positive approaches to resourcing
3) raising money for our brilliant PTA
ALL ITEMS WORN TO SCHOOL SHOULD BE LABELLED (or they risk being recycled into the above venture)!
Required uniform items consist of:
- A Brandlehow polo shirt in red, blue or white
- A Brandlehow sweatshirt, hoodie or cardigan
These are complemented by:
- Skirt, trousers, leggings, joggers of any colour
- In summer our children can wear red or blue, striped or checked dresses
- Shoes should be practical for school and playtime activities
- A blue Brandlehow book bag (available to purchase beginning of August 23) or Back pack is available and recommended
Jewellery is not allowed, with the exception of studs if ears are pierced
Make up is not allowed
On PE days all children should come to school wearing:~
- A Brandlehow PE T-shirt and shorts
- Brandlehow tracksuit in the winter
- Trainers or plimsolls
- Year 6 pupils have the option to wear Leavers’ tops on PE day in Spring & Summer (when available)
(Nursery children DO NOT require PE kit)
Uniform* is purchased from Earth Uniform
*with the exception of summer dresses, skirts and trousers which can be bought from any outlet, and leavers’ tops which are sourced by the PTA.
A range of other optional items are available from our supplier.
The size guide can be found on the website: Earth Uniform Size Guide